The Faculty is structured in three cycles:
- Institutional Triennium, for the attainment of Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy (Bachelor of Arts, BA).
It is aimed at basic training in fundamental philosophical disciplines, including the histories of philosophy (ancient, medieval, modern, contemporary), systematic disciplines (metaphysics, anthropology, ethics, philosophy of religion, political philosophy, philosophy of language) and philosophical-scientific disciplines (logic, philosophy of nature and science, history of scientific thought). An introduction to disciplines such as aesthetics, the philosophy of law (in its relations with logic and ethics) and the history of political doctrines is also proposed.
- 2. Specialization Biennium, for the attainment of Licentiate in Philosophy (Master of Arts, MA).
It constitutes an in-depth cycle, divided into two directions:
- “History of philosophy and religious thought”, characterized, in addition to an in-depth study of the fundamental philosophical disciplines, by courses dedicated to Jewish, Islamic, African thought, the phenomenology of religion, as well as courses on the main and current authors of the history of philosophy.
- “Ontology and ethics of scientific thought”, characterized not only by an in-depth study of the fundamental philosophical disciplines, but also by courses in logic and formal ontology, history and philosophy of science, cosmology, neuroscience, computer science, bioethics, social ontology and social epistemology.
- Three-year Doctorate, for the attainment of PhD in Philosophy (PhD).
It is the highest academic degree, aimed at providing advanced tools for scientific research and university teaching. In addition to attending seminars and highly specialized activities, in this cycle students develop a research thesis aimed at producing original results in the philosophical and scientific field.
Tel.: +39 06 69895534
Fax: +39 06 69895510
Fax: +39 06 69895617