His Eminence Agostino Card. Vallini
Agostino Vallini was born in Poli in the Diocese of Tivoli (central Italy) on April 17, 1940 and ordained a priest on July 19, 1964. Elected titular Bishop of Tortiboli and appointed auxiliary bishop of Naples on March 23, 1989, he was ordained bishop on May 13, 1989. He was transferred to Albano November 13, 1999, and in 2004, he was appointed Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura with the title of archbishop. He was created cardinal in the consistory of March 24, 2006, which was presided over by Benedict XVI, who later appointed him vicar-general for the Diocese of Rome on June 27, 2008, also making him the Grand Chancellor of the Pontifical Lateran University.
He is currently President of the Episcopal Conference of Lazio. He is also a member of the following institutions:
– The Council of Cardinals for the Study of Organizational and Economic Problems of the Holy See;
– Congregation for the Causes of Saints;
– Congregation for Bishops;
– Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples;
– Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life;
– Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts;
– Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See.